“Every great move forward in your life begins with a leap of faith, a step into the unknown”
– Brian Tracy
Have you ever made an impulsive move that caused a mini-explosion in your stomach thinking about it? Or you’ve taken a leap of faith that made your hands shake. Maybe you were forced into a decision that you hoped you could handle.
That’s life. Life’s unpredictability can push you into reflecting, shifting, and changing whether you’re ready or not.
Kelli Komondor found herself furloughed in March of 2020, along with thousands of others. While the former sales executive spent several weeks wondering if she’d get called back, she brainstormed. Did she want to go back? If she didn’t, could she start her own business? If so, what would she do? As the idea took shape, Kelli researched her options, what she would provide, and the legality of setting up a business.
In mid-May, the call came. It was time to go back to her sales position. Or was it?
Kelli took the leap of faith. Within weeks of that phone call, Kelli founded K2 Creative. Why K2 Creative? The K2 represented her initials, as well as her kids’ initials. The Creative expressed her services, a content, marketing, and branding solutions business.
Launching her new company, she pulled from her extensive list of contacts from twenty-some years of networking. Less than a year later, the K2 Creative president and CEO built a steady clientele and added subcontractors to her team to offer additional services.
Kelli’s Bounce-Up™ Tips:
- Know your niche. Choose something you are good at doing, and you love to do. When the experts say, “Do something you love, and you’ll never work a day in your life.” they are right.
- Ask for help. Don’t be afraid to ask those who have done it for tips and guidance. Most business owners are more than happy to talk about how they got to where they are now.
- Lean on your network for referrals. If you were in the corporate world before starting your own business, you probably have a strong network of past co-workers and business connections. Hopefully, you’ve done the right thing, and you’ve helped them over the years. Don’t be afraid to ask them to return the favor.
Bounce-Up™ Momentum Builders:
- What change or shift has life’s unpredictability pushed you to make, or is it time to take that leap of faith?
- What do you love to do that you are not doing in your career or business?
- Can you create a referral list from your past experiences?
Upcoming in February:
- Stay tuned for a surprise interview next week.
Until next time, Power-Up™, Play-Up™ and Bounce-Up™!
P.S. Kelli will be part of the Twenty WON Conversations in 21 YouTube video series I’ll kick off on March 31, 2021.